- Promote Special Events – Sports is an ever changing market and it is very important to stay on top of what leagues and items are hot. There are several events in sports that can boost sales dramatically such as drafts, playoffs and championships. Staying informed of when these events occur and promoting them quickly and properly can result in a dramatic increase in sales.
- Promote Relevant Products – Converting traffic into sales is the key to success in any affiliate program, therefore we recommend promoting products relevant to the content on your site. We have seen a lot of sites that are dedicated to a sport such as NASCAR trying to promote another type of sport such as the NFL and the conversion rate suffers. Make sure all of the links you promote on your site are relevant to its content. Once you send the traffic to us, we will handle promoting and selling other merchandise. After visitors have clicked your link and landed on our site, you will receive credit for any purchase they make regardless of league or sport.
- Utilize Our Data Feed – One of the best ways to appeal to a target audience is to utilize our data feed. A data feed gives you access to ALL of our products and allows you to pick and choose which products you want featured on your site. For example, if you had a site promoting basketball it would allow you to display any number of basketball items very easily. You can even choose to narrow it down to league or team. If you are not familiar with what a data feed is, please see “What is a data feed” above.
- Keeping Content Fresh – As mentioned before, sports is ever changing. A team’s roster or win record can look vastly different than the prior year and it is very important to inform your visitors. Stay on top of what is happening in your particular niche and place special emphasis on promoting new or special event items to maximize profitability.
- Be Different – Offer something on your site that to your knowledge no one else does or do it better by putting your own spin on it. Make your site the only source for that particular content. This creates incentive for your visitors to come back. For example, if you’re a blog offer your own unique views. If you’re a fan site, keep your content fresh and be the first to update visitors on your team to help maximize results.
(Note: YOURSOURCE in the following code should be replaced with your desired source characters)
For Example if your PSID was 1234:
Homepage would be:
Team Page would be: http://www.footballfanatics.com/NFL_New_England_Patriots/partnerid/1234/source/AFF_1234_YOURSOURCE
Specific Item would be:
This form should be either faxed to the attention of Christina Trace at 904-421-5238 or scanned and emailed to Christina at email@example.com