Getting organic and qualified traffic to your affiliate posts is the ‘secret sauce’ of affiliate marketing. Many new to affiliate miss out on this opportunity by only focusing on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. While aggressive promotion generates the initial and larger portion of your affiliate revenue, you don’t want to miss out on the passive income of a properly optimized post.
Write A New Post
- Know the best long-tail keywords for your team, sport and/or niche. Search Engine Watch’s post on keyword research is a great start
- Check out the “Top affiliate post ideas ideal for search engine optimization and sales” post in this section for ideas to generate a post to optimize for future traffic. Patience should be exercised for this tactic as it can take 6-12 months to reach its full potential
- Check out Adam Riemer’s blog post on How to Format a Post or Guide To Rank In the Search Engines. This post is packed full of digestible and easy tactics you can implement today
Maximize Existing Posts
- Use Google Analytics to find out pages that are already receiving organic traffic. Monetize these pages with relevant content, text links and custom banners.
- Don’t be afraid to modify the existing post to monetize. You want to ensure the post is evergreen so remove all date specific promotions that no longer apply
Maximize Existing Traffic
- Add a Shop or Recommended Products page to your site. This simple, and many times overlooked, page offers a consistent baseline of affiliate revenue
- Use the Custom Banners tool to create unique and targeted banners for your site
Take It To the Next Level
Below are great resources to learn more about search engine optimization.
- Search Engine Watch
- Search Engine Journal
- Search Engine Land
- The Moz Blog including this SEO Checklist