It’s that time of year again – FOOTBALL IS BACK! Summer is coming to an end, and we are heading into fall, which brings the beginning of peak season for us at Fanatics. Not only are fans getting excited, they are loading up on fan gear to support their team for the upcoming season. Not to mention, Fanatics has tons of new product hitting the site right now!
With that being said, we want to provide an update highlighting upcoming sports events, new product launches you don’t want to miss, and popular merchandise stories fans will be shopping for this time of year!
What’s Upcoming in the Sports World?
- GOLF– PGA Championship: August 9th-12th
- MLB Little League World Series: The Mets and Phillies will play in the MLB Little League Classic at Bowman Field on August 19th. During that day, the players will watch the Little League World Series, and then at night the little leaguers will watch the big leaguers during the classic.
- MLB Player’s Weekend Series August 24th-26th: Teams will wear unique jerseys and hats for the weekend to resemble the Little League Classic jerseys.
- First Day of College Football: September 1st
- NFL Kickoff: September 6th
- GOLF- Ryder Cup: September 28th-30th (Fanatics will have assortment for this event)
Upcoming New Product Launches at Fanatics
- NFL Sideline Headwear Collection: LIVE NOW
- NFL Color Rush Sideline Headwear Collection: LIVE NOW
- NFL Sideline Knit Headwear Collection Launch: August 13th
- NFL Nike Footwear Launch: August 27th @10AM EST
Men’s Air Max Typha 2: Available for 49ers, Bears, Broncos, Cowboys, Eagles, NY Giants, Jets, LA Rams, Packers, Patriots, Raiders, Seahawks, Redskins, Steelers, and Texans
Women’s Free TR 8: Available for Cowboys, NY Giants, Packers, Patriots, Seahawks, and Steelers
- MLB 2019 All Star Game Logo Launch (small assortment): LIVE NOW
- NCAA Adidas Jersey Launch: Arizona State, Louisville, & Rutgers LIVE NOW
- NCAA Notre Dame “Green Out” Launch: LIVE NOW
- NCAA Adidas South Florida Jersey Launch: August 11th
- NCAA 2018 Sideline Campaign (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour): August 13th
- NCAA Nike Footwear Launch: August 13th @10AM EST
- Men’s Free TR V8: Available for Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Ohio State, Penn State, USC, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, UNC, & WVU
- Women’s Free TR 8: Available for Alabama, Florida, LSU, Michigan State, Florida State, Oregon, Ohio State, USC, Tennessee, Texas, & Georgia
- NCAA Oregon Jersey Launch: August 15th
- Ohio State University Student Tee Launch: August 15th @9AM EST
- Alabama 40th Anniversary Collection Launch: August 20th
- NCAA Notre Dame Shamrock Series Launch: August 16th
- NCAA College Colors Campaign: August 20th – Fanatics will begin marketing for the official College Colors Day on August 31st. College Colors day is a national day where fans are encouraged to rep their schools colors/gear to kick off back to school/start of season. Use #CollegeColorsDay to promote on social!
Merchandise Stories Fans are Shopping
What is a merchandise story? A merchandise story is a curated assortment where all products are uniform to a certain theme.
TIP: Most of the stories listed below will have a specific landing page on our site, which makes it easy to link the story in a post!
- Sideline Collections for NCAA & NFL (August & September): I think we all know fans seem to gravitate to what the coach’s and team are wearing…you can never go wrong with highlighting these products!
- NCAA Coach’s Sideline Polo (August & September)
- NCAA Countdown to Football – Gear Up for Saturdays (August & September): This story will pull in a hodge podge of college gear — new arrivals, sideline gear, etc. Essentially marketing to the fan “the season has arrived and it’s time to get all the new fan gear”.
- NCAA & NFL Tailgating Collection/Tailgate like a Pro (August & September): Fanatics has a top notch assortment of the perfect tailgate essentials: coolers, cornhole sets, BBQ sets, party packs, can coolers, canopies, chairs, tables, etc.These are GREAT products to call out because chances are if fans are going to a game….they are probably tailgating!
- NFL & NCAA Women’s Style Guide (August & September): One of our initiatives here at Fanatics is to better service our female customer…because females are sports fans too and are looking for some stylish pieces to wear to games. This story features our top women’s product. Visit MLB Shop for an example….
- Back to School: All Leagues (August): Kids are heading back to school and we have all new fan gear to get them ready! This story features backpacks, new arrivals in apparel, school supplies, etc.
- NCAA Back To Campus : College students are either incoming freshman, or heading back to campus…either way Fanatics has them covered! We feature an awesome assortment with essentials for the dorm (blankets/bedding, and decor), bean bag chairs, storage sets, TV tray stands, backpacks, footwear, and apparel!
- Pack it Up – Luggage & Bags: All Leagues (August): This story is especially unique, and a product assortment fans may not always realize we carry. We carry a cool assortment of luggage and bags for a true fans next trip and for traveling to away games & tailgates!
- MLB 2018 Playoffs Collection (September): Stay tuned MLB affiliates as next month is your month to shine with the new playoff product!
If you have any questions, or you are looking for product suggestions for your team, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.