YouTube – The king of engagement and the darling of Google
Videos are an amazing way to engage your followers on a personal and relateable level. Many top converting affiliates create both a traditional blog post as well as a video review. Here are just some of the reasons why.
- According to 70 percent of marketers, video produces more conversions than any other type of content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- YouTube is the golden child for search engines therefore expanding your reach. Here are some great tips on how to optimize your video.
- Within YouTube, you can include affiliate links directly in your Description box. Also, include a link to your blog post.
- You can embed your YouTube video on your affiliate blog post for increased engagement and duration on your site.
Key things to remember about your YouTube video are:
- Keep your video under 4 minutes if possible. If it can be shorter, even better.
- Start off with high energy and your key selling points.
- Tell your viewers to click on the affiliate links for more information and to purchase.
- Similar to your blog post, use multiple calls to action throughout the post – beginning, middle and end.
- Titles are your first impression. Your video title should be optimized with your keywords and be engaging. Look to the post Fanatics post ideas for video ideas as well.
- If creating a video around Fanatics gear isn’t your thing, you can simply give a shout out to the affiliate links in your show notes as a way to support the channel. Being transparent and asking your audience to support your efforts can be really effective. Just make sure to tell them what they need to do ex/ “If you want to support what we do here, you can do this by shopping through my affiliate link to Fanatics.. just be sure to click my link before you shop and we’ll receive a percentage of the sale.”
- Include your script in the Closed Caption for optimization purposes.